Dear Clients and Friends,
Once again we appeal to you for help!
Myself and Diane Zelaya, my colleague at Swans Studios spoke with a contact at the Alameda County Public Health Department, ACPHD to request consideration for our own criteria for Salons and Barber Shops; or to be considered as part of phase three or four of the Alameda County re-opening plan.
We have the California Cosmetology Association working with us on getting the word out to the Association Industry Members.
Contact the ACPHD via phone and or email and request that they allow Cosmetologists and Barbers to return to work. Here are some bullet points to share with the ACPHD.
- The Beauty Industry asks for our own criteria or to be considered the same as businesses in phases three and four, a phase that includes personal services.
- The Beauty Industry is currently in Phase Five, (In door Dining, Pro Sports without fans and pools.) This category does not reflect our profession.
- The Beauty Industry should be allowed to prove that we can adapt to a new work protocol.
- Those in the Beauty Industry are highly-trained professionals and can be counted on to take the necessary precautions in our workspaces as per our training, licensing and updated Covid-19 practices.
- Technicians will take one client at a time, all will wear masks.
- Underground services are unfortunately on the rise. For the safety of the general public, allow us to provide a safe space under a controlled environment.
Sincerely, Alameda County Beauty Professionals.
This initiative is supported by the President, Madrid Johnson, the Board and the members of the California Cosmetology Association.