Skip to main content

Special Opening Announcement


Hairqueen Update:


Dear Clients and Friends,


California Salons re-open as of Tuesday, January, 26, 2021.  


It seemed that we were in for at least another few weeks or more of the on-going December 7, 2020 shut down, then overnight we got the word to re-open.


I have reopened my appointment book and all upcoming reservations are valid.  

If you do not have an upcoming appointment please contact me so I can find you a time.



As before the Covid-19 protocols will remain in place:


Masks - please wear a mask that does not have loop ear pulls and does not cover more that your nose and mouth.  If you do not have a simple mask I can provide one for you.  When the mask covers across  all of the lower face it is harder to see you.


Arriving - please call or text when you arrive, (the lobby will remain closed), be prepared to receive a temperature check and to sanitize your hands upon arrival.


Contact - in order to minimize contact haircut clients, please arrive with freshly shampooed hair.  Please expect minimal hair styling.  


Payment — I accept all major credit cards, Venmo, PayPal, Zelle cheques and cash.  Please choose which method is the most comfortable for you.



If you would like more information on the reopening plan and on how the numbers are click here https://covid19.ca.gov/safer-economy/ and here https://acphd.org


I appreciate your tremendous patronage and ongoing support.

 

See you soon, in the meantime stay healthy and wear your mask.





To book future appointments, purchase products or gift cards: 

https://www.vagaro.com/us02/suzannevanhouten






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vote For Me - FabOver40

Working hard to get those votes!  Dear Clients and Friends, I trust you are well and enjoying the season of gratitude as best one can. How time has flown since my retirement of full-time hair services and salon ownership. I am writing this Blog to shamelessly ask you to vote for me in a contest.  When I enrolled in the contest I did not realize what an undertaking it would be. I am committed to see it through to the end! The contest is FabOver40, it is both a beauty contest and a fundraiser for breast cancer. Here is the link to the contest:  FabOver40 My profile page on the site gives you information as to why I would like to win and here I am sharing more details. I would like to be the biggest fundraiser for The National Breast Cancer Foundation.  I'd like to win for my younger self and every, girl and woman that has suffered a loss due to cancer, an accident or an autoimmune disease. I wrote the story below in an Autobiography writing class last fall a...

What a Wonderful Decade

 HairQueen News It is with joy and a little sorrow that I after a fantastic ten year run I am announcing the closing of Swans Studios. Thank You Swans Studios My lease is up, I’m retired from my full-time career and now it’s time to close my brick-and-mortar business doors. The good news is that 936B Clay Street will reopen under new ownership by Diane Zelaya, my long-time associate and friend.  Congratulations Diane Join me in wishing Diane well in her new business endeavor and me well in this phase of my retirement plan. Don't worry I will continue to do my one-day-a-week V.I.P. Client Day at Diane’s Studios, Bay Vibrant. You can't get rid of me and Never My contact information remains the same. If you would like to rotate into my one-day-a-week schedule call 510-545-2955 or email, suzanne@suzannevanhouten.com or click here to book online.  Happy End of Summer!

Endings and Beginnings

HairQueen News: I celebrated a big milestone, forty years of being a hairstylist and 25 years as a business owner. I was planning to completely retire but then I decided to keep the “tip of my scissors” in for a while longer. This decision means I am free to step into a new phase of life as I gradually let go of my wonderful salon career. We had a party — it was fantastic! I loved every minute. My heart overflowed as my clients, colleagues, and family helped me mark this major career milestone.                                                                                                                                              ...