I have been self-employed for most of my career and a business owner since 1995.
I suspect you would believe me if I said I've been through a thing or two as a business owner and even on the darkest days, my entrepreneurial spirit has guided me along the way.
After the initial shock was over I settled into a new routine and found ways to be productive.
My days have and still do include:
- Taking time everyday to work on my business instead of in my business
- Updating my website
- Updating my booking system
- Contacting each one of my wonderful clients to postpone their appointments more than once due to the closure
- Created an online store
- Applying for disaster relief, PPP and DUI
- Coached a mum how to bleach and tone her son's hair
- Created personal hair color kits for hair color clients
- Posts on social media with the help of my trusty virtual assistant Erin from Freedom Makers
- And I coached an entire haircut from 6 feet away!