What will it be like to get a haircut again?
- I wore a mask and so did Michael
- I asked him to sanitize his hands upon arrival
- I wore gloves for the consultation, haircut and checkout
- As I did the consultation, he was still masked
- For the shampoo, I had him remove his mask, I wore mine
- I did the haircut, still no mask on him
- I applied styling products with the gloves on - that was not great
- And of course for the payment* I will need to have a way to sanitize the screen on my iPad unless the clients have Apple Pay, Venmo or Zelle *I let hubby pay me with a kiss
- Only clients with an appointment will be able to come to the salon and only one at a time will be able to wait in the waiting area
- Greeting clients may entail checking temperatures and definitely will entail using hand sanitizer at the door
- Stylists will need to wear a mask at all times and will need to wear gloves as much as possible especially for consultations, dry haircuts, neck trims, and all hair color techniques
- If a mask existed for clients to wear that does not go behind the ears or over the head, that would be wonderful
- All surfaces will need to be wiped down before and after each appointment
- Distancing with others besides the client and stylist will be practiced
- Beauty will reign again
Getting PreparedI have used Barbicide my whole career and I took the Barbicide Test to brush up for my return.
Here is my certificate:
We will have hand sanitizer on hand and a thermometer. We will be sanitizing the stations and chairs after each appointment. Other than that, it will be business as usual, so don't be shy! Bring your quarantine self to see your salon professional and together we will adjust to the new beauty experience.
Questions, concerns; call or email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call me at 510-545-2955.
To book appointments online go to: https://www.vagaro.com/suzannevanhouten
And I forgot to mention, go to my online store for your favorite products so you can have healthy hair until we meet again. Click here to visit my online store!