Skip to main content

Runway & Red Carpet Hair to Try at Home

Now that the runway shows are over and the red carpet season wrapped up a few weeks ago with the Oscars, I wanted to share a wrap up of the latest hair style trends. The best thing about the current trends that will carry into spring is that they are pretty easy for us "non-celebrities" to accomplish at home. From long tresses to pixie cuts there are trends for all hairstyles and I hope you try to tackle some of them to mix up your style this spring.

One consistent trend for the spring runway fashion shows in New York and London was length. So start growing out your bobs and lobs because long hair is back and its cooler than ever!

Boho Waves

Carefree, barely-there waves are easy to create at home. Use a texturizing spray or light weight foam or mousse when hair is wet. Work through your hair from the bottom up and use a diffuser until hair is almost dry. Let hair finish drying naturally.

For hair that is hard to hold wave use a large sized barrel iron to enhance texture and volume.


Long Tails

Ponytails went from high and sleek to looser and lower, but length all over. A sleek, wet look, high on the top of your head is a strong look. If you want a little more softness try a looser look that has an "un-done" look set lower on the nape of your neck. 





 

 Braids & Twists

Rope braids, cornrowed buns, or loose beachy side braid there is a twist or braid out there for everyone. Tight braids with a wet look work for a stronger look while loose braids with a few loose pieces around the face make for a softer more casual feel to your style. A twist or braid is also something that can be styled with a bob or shorter lengths.




 

Out of the Water Look

The slick, shiny hair on the runways varied in degrees of wetness, going from lightly gelled to fresh out of the water. Part it down the middle, comb it back or pull it up in a tight bun. For those with a short bob or pixie cut this is probably the easiest trend to pull off until you get your length back.




 

 

 

Bombshell Blowouts!

Go big or go home with big luscious curls. Channel some old Hollywood glam with a side part or for longer locks do a side swept look by pulling your hair over one shoulder.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What a Wonderful Decade

 HairQueen News It is with joy and a little sorrow that I after a fantastic ten year run I am announcing the closing of Swans Studios. Thank You Swans Studios My lease is up, I’m retired from my full-time career and now it’s time to close my brick-and-mortar business doors. The good news is that 936B Clay Street will reopen under new ownership by Diane Zelaya, my long-time associate and friend.  Congratulations Diane Join me in wishing Diane well in her new business endeavor and me well in this phase of my retirement plan. Don't worry I will continue to do my one-day-a-week V.I.P. Client Day at Diane’s Studios, Bay Vibrant. You can't get rid of me and Never My contact information remains the same. If you would like to rotate into my one-day-a-week schedule call 510-545-2955 or email, suzanne@suzannevanhouten.com or click here to book online.  Happy End of Summer!

Miss You

HairQueen News The past six months since I stepped into semi-retirement life have flown by! My new schedule of one-day-a-week continues to be working out.  I truly do miss so many of you from my full-time schedule.  There have been times that I have grieved this change and times I pinch myself in gratitude for this change, especially for the time with my granddaughters.  I continue to offer my gray hair transition specialty service. If you or someone you know is ready to embrace their grey, I would love the referral. Check out this article here for more details . For information re my one-day-a-week schedule and for future appointments with me call 510-545-2955 or email, suzanne@suzannevanhouten.com or click here to book online.                                   Swans Studios There are changes in the air at Swans Studios, I am looking for someone to share my studio and for someone to rent our third studio, please pass the word. Here’s a link to the ad on Craigslist. Come Join

Salon Suite Opportunity

HairQueen News Hello, I hope your 2023 is off to a good start! I trust you had a lovely holiday season, seems like an age ago now?  My very best wishes to you for a peaceful and delightful 2023. My holiday season was festive and especially fun with a one year old and a three and half year old, (granddaughters are the best.) I cannot help but marvel at how little time I seemed to have with my new “tip of my scissors schedule”, as I prepped for the holidays and wrapped up the year for Swans Studios.  Its true retirement life is a busy life. My new schedule of one-day-a-week is working out so far.  I do miss so many of you from my full-time schedule.   I know you are in good hands. I appreciate the love, on-going support and good wishes. Swans Studios News I am now looking for a new person to join Swans Studios. I would to find someone wonderful to share my studio since I am no longer there full-time and it’s an amazing place to work. If you know any hair stylists, ready f