Skip to main content

What Do You Have to be Grateful For this Year?


"He is a wise man who does not grieve for the things which he has not, but rejoices for those which he has." ~Epictetus

This time of year always gets me in a reflective mood. With the holiday season approaching and making plans to see my friends, family, and other loved ones I try to take a moment each day for gratitude. As I suspect it may be the same with you, I can get very stressed and exhausted this time of year trying to balance my work life and my personal life. I love to attend and host parties and events, but even for me an extroverted Leo, I can get overwhelmed trying to juggle the holiday season along with running my businesses.  


This month I am committed to focusing on gratitude. I plan to take moments throughout my day to take a few deep breaths, calm my body and soul, and reflect on all the amazing and wonderful aspects of my life that I have to be thankful for. This really helps me function on a better level, keeps me focused but relaxed, and gives me the energy to serve my clients and to enjoy my friends and family.


I encourage each of you as you go about your busy lives to take some time each day to relax, breathe, and reflect. Is it the beautiful setting? Is it the fact that your family and friends are hopefully happy and healthy this year? Whatever it is that you have to be grateful for, let it fill your soul with good vibes. Don’t let the holiday stress machine beat you down.

As I reflect on this past year I am overwhelmed with gratitude for Swans Studios.  I love seeing my hair and consulting clients in my studio space and having colleagues to work alongside; it is the perfect co-working space.  As we go into our second year at Swans Studios I am enjoying the pace, and planning for the future.  Yes it is that time of year, to plan for 2015!   Stay tuned for news for next year. 

 

Product of the Month

In the meantime, one quick reminder let’s shop local this year! I know I mentioned it in last month’s blog but please encourage your neighbors and friends to do the same and support our local small businesses this shopping season, especially on Black Friday. In the spirit of shopping,  I’m running a new product special in November on all my brushes and styling tools. If you come in for a visit this month all brushes and styling tools are 10% off. These make great gifts for stocking stuffers! 


Hair Queen News

Its time to book now for holiday hair! Make sure if you want to get into the studio to see me for a special holiday event, please book now. My schedule is filling up very quickly. Visit www.suzannevanhouten.com to book an appointment today. If you have questions or can't find a time that works for you please email me at suzanne@suzannevanhouten.com
 






Runs Businesses With Scissors News

And finally I am feeling very inspired as I just attended an all day workshop at East Bay Score focused on the subject of How to Start or Improve Your Consulting Business.  I am excited to share what I learned with my consulting clients.  All small business owners juggle several roles and as a long time business owner and hairstylist I have been in your shoes.  My coaches and mentors have helped me navigate my path to success.  Are you ready for the holiday season and to think ahead to 2015?  Let's work on your plan to increase your profits in 2015! Call me at 510-545-2955 or email me suzanne@suzannevanhouten.com to book a consulting session.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What a Wonderful Decade

 HairQueen News It is with joy and a little sorrow that I after a fantastic ten year run I am announcing the closing of Swans Studios. Thank You Swans Studios My lease is up, I’m retired from my full-time career and now it’s time to close my brick-and-mortar business doors. The good news is that 936B Clay Street will reopen under new ownership by Diane Zelaya, my long-time associate and friend.  Congratulations Diane Join me in wishing Diane well in her new business endeavor and me well in this phase of my retirement plan. Don't worry I will continue to do my one-day-a-week V.I.P. Client Day at Diane’s Studios, Bay Vibrant. You can't get rid of me and Never My contact information remains the same. If you would like to rotate into my one-day-a-week schedule call 510-545-2955 or email, suzanne@suzannevanhouten.com or click here to book online.  Happy End of Summer!

Retirement Life

HairQueen News On October 1 2022 after 40 plus years of working full-time I stepped way-back from the salon chair and way-into retirement life.   As the date grew closer, I was and still am all over the place with so many feelings and uncertainties about how to navigate this next stage. To mark the occasion of my retirement I had a wonderful party, please see the previous blog, Endings and Beginnings.  Next, I went on a celebratory trip which included a week sailing the Atlantic Ocean on the Queen Mary 2.  So exciting! Crossing the Atlantic Ocean Gala Time Upon my return I am turning my attention to what it means to be an older, wiser, experienced, master of my trade.  As space in my life opens up I will take the opportunity to grow Swans Studios, to mentor, coach and consult within and beyond the salon industry. With more free time I will enjoy my granddaughters, my family, friends and hobbies. I know from many of you that the retired life is a busy life and I am grateful t

Salon Suite Opportunity

HairQueen News Hello, I hope your 2023 is off to a good start! I trust you had a lovely holiday season, seems like an age ago now?  My very best wishes to you for a peaceful and delightful 2023. My holiday season was festive and especially fun with a one year old and a three and half year old, (granddaughters are the best.) I cannot help but marvel at how little time I seemed to have with my new “tip of my scissors schedule”, as I prepped for the holidays and wrapped up the year for Swans Studios.  Its true retirement life is a busy life. My new schedule of one-day-a-week is working out so far.  I do miss so many of you from my full-time schedule.   I know you are in good hands. I appreciate the love, on-going support and good wishes. Swans Studios News I am now looking for a new person to join Swans Studios. I would to find someone wonderful to share my studio since I am no longer there full-time and it’s an amazing place to work. If you know any hair stylists, ready f