Summer is finally here! It's already been hectic, busy and fun both at home and at Swans Studios!
I want to start first by sharing some upcoming trips I'm taking so please book your appointments ahead. I plan to go to Portland in August, England in September & Santa Cruz on various weekends. Appointments fill up so contact me soon. In fact it's not too early to think about booking for the fall and around the holidays, they will be here before we know it!
In the meantime I hope you are enjoying the warm weather and the longer evenings of summer. I love the light mornings as well, it certainly makes it easier to get up and go swimming, my choice of exercise these days. I love the feel of the water and the opportunity to mediate as I do my laps and think about my day ahead. Of course I use chlorine removing shampoo after my swim and lots of conditioner to keep my salt and pepper hair happy and healthy. (See below for more summer hair hints.)
|Proof - I swim!|
I'm happy to recommend shampoo and conditioner for you to use during the summer months of the pool, the beach and the great outdoors!
New Loyalty Program for YOU, my lovely CLIENTS!
For all of your retail purchases, you'll receive loyalty points. When points add up, you'll receive free products! More money in your pocket left for travel and summer plans, hooray!
Loyalty Program is also starting up for consulting clients. Please ask for details.
Summer Hair Care Reminders
1. Cover up!Use a scarf or hat to cover your head when you’re out in the sun. Not only does this provide extra UV protection, but it also helps your scalp to retain moisture.
2. Put your hair up in loose, comfortable stylesA messy braid is ideal for keeping your hair under control and minimizing exposure to the sun. Tight hairstyles can be damaging because they tend to pull and tear hair, especially if your hair is dry from the summer heat.
3. Shampoo less oftenFrequent washing strips your scalp of its natural oils, which in turn stimulates additional oil production and makes you feel the need to wash it even more. Try just rinsing in the shower after a day at the beach or pool, and see if that gets rid of some extra oil. Use a dry shampoo in place of regular shampoo to go a bit longer without washing.
4. Reduce the heatTry to blow-dry your hair as little as possible. It is already exposed to a significant amount of heat on a daily basis in the summer, and it will probably air-dry quickly anyways, so give the blow dryer a break and go au naturel if you can. Avoid flat-irons, too, as they will do further damage to already-dry hair. Plus, a sleek hairstyle only makes that frizz stand out more.
5. Condition alwaysTry a deep conditioner treatment once a week to get that extra bit of moisture into your hair.
6. No more swimmer’s hairIf you’re a blond who turns green after a dip in the pool, try rinsing out your wet hair with water afterwards. Also, try a chlorine shampoo to help rid the hair of harsh chemicals.
7. Add some sunscreenOne quick way to add some protection is to run your hands lightly through your hair after applying sunscreen to your body.
8. Use a wide-tooth comb instead of a brushAvoid pulling anything through your hair when it’s wet, since that’s when it’s most susceptible to breaking. Wide-tooth combs are most gentle for untangling hair, as brushes can pull and tear when they snag strands.
Reviews are always welcome!Add a review on Vagaro or Yelp during your next appointment and receive a FREE GIFT!
Contact:Send an email: email@example.com or to add COMMENTS to our fan page on Facebook, click here.
As always for more information please contact Suzanne Van Houten at firstname.lastname@example.org