Skip to main content

Loving the Balance of Work & Life

Happy Valentine's Day to all of you! I hope you are all enjoying the beautiful rain we are finally getting here in the Bay and hope you are able to celebrate the upcoming Valentine's Day with a full heart!

Story of the Month

I am so excited that Swans Studios was featured in a recent article on Oakland Local. We are so proud of our new home here and for others to get a peek into Swans Market is terrific. Click here to check out the article and please come on down and check out Swans Market when you are in Old Oakland.


Hair Queen


February is the month of love! But instead of loving others this month, I’m challenging you, both my male and female clients, to put yourself first. Whether it’s a weekend away, a day of pampering, or just a few hours of “me” time, make sure you think of yourself this month and love yourself for a bit!


One very important thing you can do to love yourself this month is to get a scalp treatment. This time of year it is important to love your scalp because a healthy scalp means healthy, beautiful hair. During the winter months our scalps can become dry and flaky. A Scalp Treatment is a 30 minute service prior to your haircut.  It includes a scalp brushing; deep conditioner and a scalp massage for $45.00 – a nice treat for you.  Ask me for more details the next time you are booking an appointment.


 

 

Runs Businesses With Scissors 


As business owners we are constantly worried about the ins and outs of our business. Did I pay that invoice? Have I ordered enough products? When do I need to send out reminders to my clients? We get so caught up with the business side of life that we forget about the balance of business verses our personal lives.

With Valentine’s Day around the corner I want to encourage you to focus on your loved ones a bit more than normal this month. The reason my business is so successful is because I have a great support system. My husband and daughter have always been there to support me through my ups and downs and without their love and support I wouldn’t have the business I have today. Sometimes as business owners we can get wrapped up in the business side and put all our love and energy into it and only it, forgetting to spread the love around to those most important in our loves. For the month of February I hope you evaluate the “love” balance in your life and make sure to show those in your life that are supporting you, how much they mean to you.

And remember to reserve time to work on your business instead of in your business, setting aside specific time each week to support your business and client load with ease.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What a Wonderful Decade

 HairQueen News It is with joy and a little sorrow that I after a fantastic ten year run I am announcing the closing of Swans Studios. Thank You Swans Studios My lease is up, I’m retired from my full-time career and now it’s time to close my brick-and-mortar business doors. The good news is that 936B Clay Street will reopen under new ownership by Diane Zelaya, my long-time associate and friend.  Congratulations Diane Join me in wishing Diane well in her new business endeavor and me well in this phase of my retirement plan. Don't worry I will continue to do my one-day-a-week V.I.P. Client Day at Diane’s Studios, Bay Vibrant. You can't get rid of me and Never My contact information remains the same. If you would like to rotate into my one-day-a-week schedule call 510-545-2955 or email, suzanne@suzannevanhouten.com or click here to book online.  Happy End of Summer!

Miss You

HairQueen News The past six months since I stepped into semi-retirement life have flown by! My new schedule of one-day-a-week continues to be working out.  I truly do miss so many of you from my full-time schedule.  There have been times that I have grieved this change and times I pinch myself in gratitude for this change, especially for the time with my granddaughters.  I continue to offer my gray hair transition specialty service. If you or someone you know is ready to embrace their grey, I would love the referral. Check out this article here for more details . For information re my one-day-a-week schedule and for future appointments with me call 510-545-2955 or email, suzanne@suzannevanhouten.com or click here to book online.                                   Swans Studios There are changes in the air at Swans Studios, I am looking for someone to share my studio and for someone to rent our third studio, please pass the word. Here’s a link to the ad on Craigslist. Come Join

Salon Suite Opportunity

HairQueen News Hello, I hope your 2023 is off to a good start! I trust you had a lovely holiday season, seems like an age ago now?  My very best wishes to you for a peaceful and delightful 2023. My holiday season was festive and especially fun with a one year old and a three and half year old, (granddaughters are the best.) I cannot help but marvel at how little time I seemed to have with my new “tip of my scissors schedule”, as I prepped for the holidays and wrapped up the year for Swans Studios.  Its true retirement life is a busy life. My new schedule of one-day-a-week is working out so far.  I do miss so many of you from my full-time schedule.   I know you are in good hands. I appreciate the love, on-going support and good wishes. Swans Studios News I am now looking for a new person to join Swans Studios. I would to find someone wonderful to share my studio since I am no longer there full-time and it’s an amazing place to work. If you know any hair stylists, ready f