Skip to main content

Spring Has Sprung: Pushing Refresh on a New Season!

I don't know about you but spring has certainly sprung for me. The flowers are blooming, the daylight is lasting longer, and there is just a new and fresh vibe in the atmosphere. With the school year winding down and summer plans being made I think this is always a good time to refresh my life and clean out the winter blues to make room for sunny and fun days ahead!

Story of the Month 

Some areas of my life that I like to re-evaluate this time of year include but are not limited to style/fashion, beauty, home organization, relationships/friendships, etc. Here are a few tips to help you refresh your busy life!
  • Beauty - Like the food in your refrigerator, your makeup and beauty products also have expiration dates. While cleaning out the closet also try to purge your bathroom drawers and shelves of those products that could be doing you more harm than good at this point. Click here for a great article from Real Simple Magazine
  • Hair - Are you looking for a new do to rock this season? Tired of those long locks? Maybe something shorter or lighter? Here are a few inspiring styles from celebrities who have recently updated their hair style. I hope you get inspired! Click here for a slideshow of hot celebrity make-overs for spring!
  • Home Organization - Do you have a stack of papers on a side table that stare at you each night? Another pile of magazines and newspapers in a basket by the couch that you want to read "when you have free time"? Or an inbox in your email account that is out of control? I've been working on cleaning up and organizing my paperwork, both personal and business, around my house. Try some of these tips to help streamline your process so it doesn't feel so overwhelming. Tackling a few things at a time instead of the whole animal is a good place to start! 
For more tips on refreshing spring check out my monthly newsletter here

Hair Queen News

Spring is a great time to take risks with your hair and really experiment. For some clients with long hair they don't want to give up length but want to try something new. Color is always an easy way to go to freshen up your look without sacrificing length! I recently got in a plethora of new colors for spring from the Framesi color line, plus this is a hot trend in Hollywood right now to go crazy and have fun with your color. If you are interested in trying a new hue, let me know!

Also, I've come across some great "updo" tricks that are super easy and fast with great results.  Here are some links to fun hairstyles for you to try this spring!

 

Runs Businesses with Scissors


We are three months into the year and it’s a great time for business owners to look back to January at the list of business resolutions you made. Are you on track with the goals you set for yourself at the beginning of the year? Do you need to re-evaluate some of those goals? Spring is the perfect time of year to do a refresh on your business goals and tweak areas that you haven’t focused on as much as you should.



Although small business owners do not get an official spring break, spring is a good time to take a break and recharge your batteries.  It is important to have a good work/life balance and to plan your time off throughout the year to give yourself a mental and physical break.  One of the beauties of being self-employed is that you can plan your daily, weekly, and monthly schedule to serve you and your clients.  If you need help finding work/life balance within your year, please feel free to contact me and I can coach you in the art of scheduling with ease!


For more information check out my website, www.suzannevanhouten.com.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What a Wonderful Decade

 HairQueen News It is with joy and a little sorrow that I after a fantastic ten year run I am announcing the closing of Swans Studios. Thank You Swans Studios My lease is up, I’m retired from my full-time career and now it’s time to close my brick-and-mortar business doors. The good news is that 936B Clay Street will reopen under new ownership by Diane Zelaya, my long-time associate and friend.  Congratulations Diane Join me in wishing Diane well in her new business endeavor and me well in this phase of my retirement plan. Don't worry I will continue to do my one-day-a-week V.I.P. Client Day at Diane’s Studios, Bay Vibrant. You can't get rid of me and Never My contact information remains the same. If you would like to rotate into my one-day-a-week schedule call 510-545-2955 or email, suzanne@suzannevanhouten.com or click here to book online.  Happy End of Summer!

Miss You

HairQueen News The past six months since I stepped into semi-retirement life have flown by! My new schedule of one-day-a-week continues to be working out.  I truly do miss so many of you from my full-time schedule.  There have been times that I have grieved this change and times I pinch myself in gratitude for this change, especially for the time with my granddaughters.  I continue to offer my gray hair transition specialty service. If you or someone you know is ready to embrace their grey, I would love the referral. Check out this article here for more details . For information re my one-day-a-week schedule and for future appointments with me call 510-545-2955 or email, suzanne@suzannevanhouten.com or click here to book online.                                   Swans Studios There are changes in the air at Swans Studios, I am looking for someone to share my studio and for someone to rent our third studio, please pass the word. Here’s a link to the ad on Craigslist. Come Join

Salon Suite Opportunity

HairQueen News Hello, I hope your 2023 is off to a good start! I trust you had a lovely holiday season, seems like an age ago now?  My very best wishes to you for a peaceful and delightful 2023. My holiday season was festive and especially fun with a one year old and a three and half year old, (granddaughters are the best.) I cannot help but marvel at how little time I seemed to have with my new “tip of my scissors schedule”, as I prepped for the holidays and wrapped up the year for Swans Studios.  Its true retirement life is a busy life. My new schedule of one-day-a-week is working out so far.  I do miss so many of you from my full-time schedule.   I know you are in good hands. I appreciate the love, on-going support and good wishes. Swans Studios News I am now looking for a new person to join Swans Studios. I would to find someone wonderful to share my studio since I am no longer there full-time and it’s an amazing place to work. If you know any hair stylists, ready f